1610 East River Road
1. Learn Your Goals and Tolerance for Risk - We meet with you to gather the information needed to create a customized plan for you. We learn about your long and short-term goals, time horizon, and tolerance for risk.
2. Create Your Customized Financial Plan - We compile all of your financial information and analyze your entire financial situation in light of your financial goals. We review the steps we recommend taking in order to better pursue your financial goals.
3. Create Your Investment Plan - We create a customized asset allocation based on the goals and risk tolerance that we discussed. Your customized allocation would employ our Tactical/Traditional Investment Strategy(see below) that not only aligns with your profile, but that reflects the current economic environment.
4. Agreement and Implementation - At this point, should you agree to the plan, we put the plan into action.
5. Evaluate Progress - Your plan will be reviewed regularly and rebalanced as necessary due to changes in your situation and/or the markets.
We combine Tactical with Traditional Investment Strategies. This reduces the amount of volatility in the overall portfolio, which results in better long-term performance as well as a more comfortable experience for the client.
In the over 40 years of investment experience our team has, we have learned the following:
1. Simple is more effective
2. Technical analysis is the most accurate tool to indicate major trends in the markets.
3. Technical analysis removes emotion from decision making which is the primary reason why individual investors under perform.
Our team reviews technical indicators daily in order to guide our clients, which we believe adds enormous value and better helps them to achieve their goals.
“Offense” means we can incorporate asmany equities as your risk toleranceallows, as our indicators are telling us themarket is in a positive trend.
“Defense” means we have moved to amore conservative allocation, orpreservation mode, as our indicators havetold us the market is in a negative trend.
"Buy and Hold" requires investors to ride markets down and try to recover each time. But what if you could try to avoid some of that downside so you aren't playing "catch-up"? Check out this chart about missing the worst days in the market.
It shows that if investors can move to the sidelines during the worst days in the market, it greatly affects their returns over time. Obviously, no one can perfectly time the market and avoid all downside. But at JRS, we employ a tactical strategy to try and mitigate downside risk as much as possible for our clients. To learn more, contact us for a complimentary, no-obligation portfolio review.